Wednesday 4 May 2011

Two weeks till the deadline

I felt today the tutorial went well and Gideon's comments were very positive. We only needed to tweak bits of our work that we had done and finish mocking up the cookery school pieces. The feedback on the logos was ok but it was pointed out that they looked far too detailed, something which their current logo is not, and as we are sticking to the brand guidelines they should be more similar and simple in design. I agreed with this, as I think we got too caught up in designing the logos and over-complicating matters unnecessarily.






















After the tutorial I redesigned both logos, they are very similar to the current logo but I have changed the blue 'child-like' drawn image with a tea-cup for the cafe and a cupcake for the cookery school. In the tutorial we established the importance of the strawberry to the brand, and so I placed a strawberry on both logos. They still need some work doing.  Above are my logos in progress:


My main focus today was to work on finishing the pieces we had shown Gideon and to finalise which promotion ideas we'd create for the cookery school. I feel at the moment I am taking more of an art director/ copywriter role within the group, which I think are where my strengths lie, but I am still thinking the ideas through with a strategic mind.


With the help of Kirsty, we have come up with a new promotion idea for the cookery school which I have mocked up (as seen below). This involves celebrity endorsement from a well known baby food chef Annabel Karmel and the competition is to be local for where ever we decide the cafe to be placed. I found it tricky keeping the copy short and sweet but we will find out if I got it wrong here in our next tutorial.



No comments:

Post a Comment