Thursday 28 April 2011

Logos

I felt it was about time we got on with designing the logos for the cookery school and cafe, so this became our main focus for the day. Due to prior commitments, Jess was unable to attend today, so it was up to Kirsty and myself to knock these on the head. As a group we had already discussed how we would like the logos to look but never really in depth. For the cafe, we wanted to keep the kitchen element and we had previously said we liked the thought of hanging crockery and kitchen utensils off from the bottom of the logo. I suggested a chef's hat for the cookery school which we agreed would look good.
It is important that we keep to the existing brand guidelines, as we have discussed we already think it is strong, and we are only creating brand extensions. And so we are sticking with the current red and blue colour, uneven block shape and childish font as can be seen from the image of the existing logo to the right.

I created the block shape on Illustrator so we had the same base shape to work with. So we could get more done in our time we decided to do one logo each but help one another- I took the cafe logo and Kirsty the cookery school. There was much debate about the name of the cafe, originally it was meant to be "Ella's Kitchen Cafe", but I expressed my feelings that I felt this was far too long-winded for a name and it would only be abbreviated anyway. We did play around with the text when I had created the logo and decided "Ella's cafe" was better. I kept this to look similar with the above original logo but took away the strawberry and added kitchen utensils in blue to hang underneath. The cookery school is to always be located within the cafe, and to mix it up we tried the block colour in blue and the chefs hat with the red outline. 

I feel today has been productive and I am happy with the logos we have produced. We will just await tutor feedback and Jess' thoughts, hopefully they will be positive!


Below are the logos we produced today:


No comments:

Post a Comment