Wednesday 27 April 2011

Back to the library

Today we met up and showed what we had produced over Easter. Thankfully the others liked the copy I had produced and we all agreed that Kirsty and I would now work together on touching up and finalising the promotional concepts whilst Jess continued with Google Sketch. It's important that we work together and get everyone's feedback so we produce great work we're all happy with.
We had issues with having too many ideas, some too similar and others pretty weak. I saw obvious links between some of our ideas and how we could combine them together. The girls also agreed on use of QR codes and going further down the digital route, but we still needed to do more brainstorming for the cookery school promotion, as it was rather weak compared to the cafe. We thought it best to produce a quick powerpoint of our cookery school ideas and send them across to Gideon to see what he thought, as it's crucial to get an outsiders point of view.
It has been quite a struggle coming up with great promotional ideas, totally off the wall and innovative, as Ella's Kitchen is a tough brand to keep up with. In order to do the brand justice these ideas need to have some of the wow factor. It is certainly keeping us on our toes trying to catch up with them (every week the brand seems to do something new and introduce new advertising campaigns!) but it is a great challenge.
After today I feel happy that we are getting back on the right track, I feel I have contributed some exciting promotional ideas which I hope to be new and different.

Our new and updated set of cookery school promotion ideas can be found below. The majority of the idea generation came from myself but I always talk and ask for feedback from the others before making a finalised decision.


I felt the above would be a great way of reinforcing the message that Ella's Kitchen uses solely organic ingredients and this would be used in the cookery school too. Being 'green' and 'organic' is seen as quite fashionable these days so it could be a successful promotional tool.


We all agreed we liked my copy but we just need to find somewhere to effectively place it.


A simple and possibly effective idea. Parents and chefs like Jamie Oliver are always campaigning for healthy school dinners so why not let Ella's Kitchen sponsor that.


If we are looking at a brand extension into an older market later on for the lunch packs, we need to target them with the other campaigns too. I felt it important to try and come up with promotional ideas aimed at primary schoolers as they are our target market.


This idea came from experience as a young child. When I was younger I always tried "cooking" with whatever I found in the garden, for example mud pies and flower soup.



I thought this would be a fun and unusual thing to see, where you would expect to see hanging baskets, they would in fact be colanders with route vegetables growing in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment