Tuesday 26 April 2011

We need to scrap more of Ella's traditional media and embrace digital!

I have been thinking over our current promotion ideas, especially for the cookery school, and I feel we have missed out on something original or remotely innovative. Our ideas are nice and will look lovely but there isn't a spark or anything truly innovative. Tomorrow we will all be meeting up to show each other the work we have produced over the Easter break so I will put this thought forward to the group. I've been looking around various online sites and I came across this article on New Media Age and how successful mobile coupons are becoming: Cover story: Brands see high returns from mobile coupons. This is a greener method than printing vouchers off from online sites such as Groupon and Voucher Codes so brilliant for Ella's Kitchen. Although we have a similar idea already for an app we are doing for the cafe, it is something I think we should definitely expand and explore further. I also think to make good use of QR codes, as this would be far greener then printing flyers and posters. I think developing our ideas more digitally is the right route for the brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment