Wednesday 13 April 2011

Bashing out the creative

Back to the time plan, promotional advertising needed to be done for the cafe so we don't fall behind. I expressed the importance to the group how I felt we should get on with this to bring us back up to speed so we had some creative ideas for the tutorial later in the day, which was agreed upon.

So we spent a solid day in the library throwing around ideas for the cafe's promotion. The three medias we wish to cover are print, ambient and web. I take copywriting very seriously so for a lot of the time I was trying to come up with catchy tag lines to accompany creative ideas. I'd say that we all pulled together on this as we all pretty much want involvement on everything! We managed to put together 30 ideas for all these medias in time for the tutorial, much to Gideon's delight. I am feeling really positive and pleased with the day as we are now back on track and doing what I love most- creating some fantastic ads and teaser campaigns. There is room for development on some of the ideas we have done already, so I will take it on myself to further develop these so we can start some executions. There is still a long way to go!


























My favourite ideas here are probably the app (Kirsty came up with this after showing a similar augamented reality app of butterflies from China) and the Organic Bake Off (that was me!) as I think it is a simple idea which has potential to gain a lot of publicity- I think I watch too many cookery programmes but they are incredibly popular. In the tutorial I suggested we change the plane to a strawberry hot air balloon as this is more 'Ella' and fun, which Gideon thought a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment